Sunday, October 09, 2011

Washingtonians are having a fit!

Mary Amons

by contributor Yoonjeong Oh


It's all the rage these days - getting the perfect fit.  First came "The Bra Whisperer", aka Susan Nethero, who told us back in June to "Just say no to the Uni Boob."  Last week Brooks Brothers, the king of prep, opened their flagship Georgetown store - a perfect fit for the buttoned down crowd.

This weekend Mary Amons of "The Real Housewives of DC" fame told us that “J Brand is my brand. It’s the M brand. It fits me."  The fashion trendsetter and philanthropist hosted the exclusive launch of South Moon Under & J Brand premium denim kick-off promotion at their Clarendon boutique.  The jeans are known for their remarkable fit, of course.

With cocktails and Georgetown Cupcakes in hand, we're not sure how well they'll fit after the event but Amons swears by them.  "The fit and the cut - I always know my size and can order them online knowing they are going to be long enough," remarked the very tall and fit TV star.  "I know they will enhance my body which is what you need in a jean.”

So what's next for Washingtonians?  Maybe a #trending hashtag.