Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Hello Barnabas...


Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

Director Tim Burton brings the cult classic series "Dark Shadows" to the big screen in a film featuring an all-star cast, led by Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer and Helena Bonham Carter.
 
Burton directed "Dark Shadows" from a screenplay by Seth Grahame-Smith, story by John August and Grahame-Smith, based on the television series created by Dan Curtis.

Being a part of "Dark Shadows" was a dream come true for star Michelle Pfeiffer, a self-described "diehard follower" of the series. "I was obsessed," she said. "It was the first vampire show ever on television. My mother probably assumed, given that it was on in the afternoon, it was safe for me to be watching, but I always felt like I was somehow breaking the rules because it was quite terrifying and sexy, too, especially for that time."

Helena Bonham Carter recalls, "During filming, Michelle had the show on a 24-hour-loop in makeup, so I could see it was very original for its day. But it's hard now to imagine Tim and Johnny being scared by that."

"I'm sure there are going to be hardcore 'Dark Shadows' fans who are going to say that the original series didn't have that much humor in it. And it didn't. But Dan always wanted it to, and I think he'd be really happy with where we ended up. For me personally, it's a dream come true." (Production Notes).

"Dark Shadows" opens in Theaters on May 11th.

Watch the trailer here: